It’s February and time for some really hard riding. The last couple of months we’ve challenged you to go far. This month we’re challenging you to go “up”. Yes, it’s time to climb some hills to win some great prizes, well lots of hills actually…
Every member who joins the challenge and climbs more than 10,000 metres during the 28 days of February 2013 on their trusty MTB or road bike will be entered into a prize draw to win some great prizes including:
- A winter jacket (from www.Probikekit.com)
- A Ride skull cap (from www.ridebosh.com/)
- A gilet (from www.crewroom.biz)
- A pair of Vapour-X midweight leggings (from www.crewroom.biz)
- A pair of performance leg warmers (from www.probikekit.com)
Plus, we’re running three spot prize competitions this month:
Most metres Climbed in an individual ride. The person who logs the most metres of climbing in any one individual ride (GPS entries only) wins a special spot prize. So for our members in France, Spain and beyond that probably means a scenic ride over a couple of local Cols. For UK riders, yep, we’re in for another long slog over downs n’ dales…and the forecasts not looking great either!
HardRiders photo competition. Mud stained faces, pained expressions on hills that just go on and on, 6 hours riding into sleet AND a headwind, suffering in 25 degrees of heat (though many of us would willingly swap the UK cold for this!)…you get the picture. That’s the sort of photos we’re looking to shortlist in this month’s Hardrider photo competition. At the end of the month the 10 shortlisted photos will go to the public vote and the three with the most votes will win an exclusive Bikeradar t-shirt.
I’m “well hard” because…. Join in on our “HardRiders” debate, tell us tales of suffering in the name of turning pedals and why you’re the hardest rider around and the story that catches our imagination will win an exclusive Bikeradar t-shirt.
Challenge status: This challenge has now ended
1. Join this challenge group by clicking the “join” link above (you’ll need to be a registered member – click here to sign up if you’re not already a member)
2. Upload your activities and training sessions by Midnight GMT Feb 28th 2013.
3. Keep checking back to this page to see how you’re progressing on the challenge leaderboard
5. That's all there is to it; keep checking the group for leaderboard updates and to find out which members have won a BikeRadar Training prize.
Users are required to have a unique username (display name) in order to be entered into the Challenges - anyone with the defualt 'Your Name Here' username will not be entered into the prize draw. Set yours now under the 'Settings' tab.
BikeRadar reserves the right to query or ignore any entries that it believes contain falsified data. Unless indicated otherwise, this challenge includes both outdoor and indoor cycling (aka turbo). All activities must be logged by midnight GMT 28 Feb 2013. For all other standard terms and conditions, click here.