It’s April and Classics time, a whole month dominated by great one day races including the legendary Paris Roubaix (254km), Amstel Gold (251km), La Fleche Wallone (197km) and Liége-Bastogne-Liége (257km). These races have two things in common; they’re incredibly tough and they’re extremely long. Completing all four races would take 956 kilometres (594 miles) of bone shuddering riding.
So with the days getting longer and the evenings getting lighter, it’s time to test members with a Classic distance challenge.
All riders who log more than 594 miles in April will be entered into a draw to win a box full of cycling goodies.
Plus, everyone who logs more than 200 miles will also be entered into a draw to win one of ten exclusive BikeRadar t-shirts.
We’re also running two spot prize competitions this month:
- Spot prize for the three longest individual rides (GPS entries only)
- Spot prize for anyone who tops the current individual ride challenge record of 201 miles recorded by Jprcr (GPS entries only)
1. Join this challenge group by clicking the “join” link above (you’ll need to be a registered member – click here to sign up if you’re not already a member)
2. Upload your activities and training sessions by Midnight GMT 30 April 2013.
3. Keep checking back to this page to see how you’re progressing on the challenge leaderboard
5. That's all there is to it; keep checking the group for leaderboard updates and to find out which members have won a BikeRadar Training prize.
Users are required to have a unique username (display name) in order to be entered into the Challenges - anyone with the default 'Your Name Here' username will not be entered into the prize draw. Set yours now under the 'Settings' tab.
BikeRadar reserves the right to query or ignore any entries that it believes contain falsified data. All activities must be logged by midnight GMT 30 April 2013. For all other standard terms and conditions, click here.