For race #5, we’ve taken inspiration from the track to challenge you to complete 3 very short distances as fast as you can - 1km (kilo TT), 2km (kierin) & 4km (pursuit). Who will be the challenge breakaway; who will lead The Pursuit?
All riders who complete all 3 distances in under 17 minutes 24 seconds (Ave.15.0 mph/24.1 kph) will be entered into a random prize draw to win £50 e-Vouchers from Wiggle.
All riders who complete all 3 distances in under 10 minutes 27 seconds (Ave.25.0 mph/40.2 kph) will be entered into a 2nd random prize draw to win £50 e-Vouchers from Wiggle.
1. While all rides logged will show on the leader-board, only GPS rides with less than 50% of the route being downhill will be eligible for the random prize draws - so there’s no point merely finding a steep hill and riding purely downhill! The trick is to find a flat route and keep an eye out for windless days!
2. Tackle/record one or more of the distances separately to your normal (longer) rides. If you rely on your normal (longer) rides, remember the system will evaluate your whole ride to average down your time/speed, not your fastest 1-4km segment.
3. As ever, please ride responsibility - see terms & conditions below for more details.
PLUS all riders who complete all 3 distances will receive an official Velozone Finisher Certificate AND each time you achieve a time standard target you will be rewarded with one of these medals that will sit proudly on your profile page.
Gold - Finish all 3 race distances in under 10 minutes 27 seconds (25.0 MPH)
Silver - Finish all 3 race distances in under 13 minutes 03 seconds (20.0 MPH)
Bronze - Finish all 3 race distances in under 17 minutes 24 seconds (15.0 MPH)
Have a good race!
Entry: Is FREE
Race Distances: 1km/2km/4km. You must complete all 3 distances to get a time on the race leaderboard.
Race Dates: You can log your rides between 1st Sept and midnight (GMT) 31st October 2014. Information on how to log activities on is detailed below.
Prizes: All riders who complete all 3 distance will receive an official Finisher Certificate AND be entered into two random prize draw to win £100 e-Vouchers from Wiggle. Plus each time you achieve a time standard target you will be rewarded with a medal that will sit proudly on your profile page.
1. Join this race for FREE by clicking the “join” link above (you’ll need to be a registered member – click here to sign up if you’re not already a member)
2. Go for a ride, covering the specified race distances. You must complete each distance to get a time on the race leaderboard. You can ride any route (except downhill routes) at any time you like.
If you complete a longer distance than the specified race distance our computer system will calculate what your race distance time would have been. So, for example, if you log 100 miles completed in 500 mins, your 50 mile time will be calculated as 250 mins. This is the time that will be displayed in the race leaderboard.
3. Login to velozone and Log your rides by midnight GMT 31st October 2014
There are a number of ways you can log runs. Download the velozone mobile training app for iPhone and sync your run directly to your Velozone training diary; Sync your Velozone training diary with Nike+; Upload an activity directly from a Garmin device or upload a GPX, TCX, .FIT or Polar .HRM file.Manually log an activity - You will need to specify the distance you completed and your time. If you have mapped the route you rode, you can also add this to your logged activity.
We’re aware that it’s possible to cheat if activities are logged manually but there's not much point in cheating - you’re only cheating yourself by putting down a faster time than you actually completed. Plus, where podium prizes are available, all applicable winners will need to be able to verify their time to qualify for a prize (the easiest way to do this is to use one of the other logging methods described above that involve uploading a GPS verified activity).
4. Share all your progress and updates from the race series on Facebook and Twitter using the #velozone hashtag.
5. Keep visiting the Virtual Race Series section on Velozone to see how you’re progressing on the race leaderboard and to read race news & updates.
6. That's all there is to it. At the end of the race All Finishers will be sent an official Race Finishers Certificate.
If you have a question for Velozone relating to the Virtual Race Series, please send a message via Helpdesk.
By joining this race, you acknowledge and accept that it will entail physically challenging activities and some of the techniques featured in the challenge may be suitable for advanced riders only. Individuals participating in the challenge do so at their own risk and anyone under the age of 18 should be supervised by a responsible adult. Participants must seek medical advice if they have any injuries or medical conditions. Protective & appropriate clothing should be worn at all times. Participants must obey all traffic controls and signage whilst undertaking the challenge and are solely responsible for ensuring that they comply with all applicable traffic laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Training Diaries Limited exclude any and all liability to participants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with an individual’s participation in this challenge.
Velozone reserves the right to query or ignore any entries that it believes contain falsified data. This challenge excludes indoor cycling (aka turbo). All activities must be logged by midnight GMT 31 October 2014. For all other standard terms and conditions, click here.